Omega Institute Extends their Site Reach
Mediacurrent helped Omega Institute, a nonprofit, mission-driven, and donor-supported educational organization, create a smooth end to end experience for users and content administers from the moment they find the workshop, purchase the workshop, interact with the live stream, and watch archived video.
Objectives of the Project
Mediacurrent worked with Omega Institute to
- Integrate the registration process with Omega’s internal tracking systems to ensure affiliate link codes, coupons, and registration data were being properly captured for online learning workshops the same way they were for on-campus workshops.
- Scope, build, test, and launch the live streaming platform in time for a highly publicized workshop.
- Train the Omega team to be able to create their own workshops and broadcast live streams independently of Mediacurrent.
Challenges & Solutions
Omega Institute utilized Drupal for its integration with live stream video services, ease of use, and extensibility of current code base.
Integration With Third Party Systems
Testing For Emergency Situations
Key Modules for Launch
Our goal was to leave as small of a footprint as possible. In addition to the live streaming video application and bringing all of the current modules up to date, we installed and extended these key modules to accomplish Omega’s goals:
- Commerce Suite: Utilized for registration for online workshops, secure online checkout, coupons, and early bird registration capabilities.
- Varnish and Memcache: Improved the performance of the website - especially for anonymous traffic.
- Rules: Created custom email notifications during the checkout process, auto-reminder emails for the broadcast, and for information recovery if someone lost their link to view the live stream.
Along with on-going enhancements to live streaming, Mediacurrent continues to provide Omega with ongoing Drupal support to ensure the continuation of optimal performance. They work through deployment improvements, a seamless integration of Brightcove with Drupal, improved site search, and a defined editorial workflow.