The NIH Tetramer Core Facility (TCF) at Emory University produces MHC tetramers and related reagents for the immunology research community to facilitate the study of vaccines. The Principal Investigator of the facility approached Mediacurrent to upgrade their Drupal 6 website and FileMaker database solution into something more functional, usable, and efficient.
At the onset, the TCF website seemed like it would be a simple redesign with an e-commerce solution. Challenges arose when we learned the scope of the available predefined and build-your-own products, the need for multiple users to share account data, and the complexities involved in making FileMaker and Drupal communicate.
- Improve the front-end ordering system so products are visible and searchable.
- Provide an Authenticated User experience with an interface for clients to review Order History, Feedback Submitted, Associated Accounts, etc.
- Increase the accuracy of the ordering process by clarifying all information requesters must submit.
- Automate the communication process between FileMaker (backend) and Drupal (frontend).
- Ease of use for non-technical content administrators
- Enterprise scale
- Secure and accepted by the public sector