Purpose of Session:
Select the best editor, available through the WYSIWYG Module, for common content entry tasks in Drupal.
CKeditor and TinyMCE emerged as the leading contenders following initial evaluation of a batch of nine candidates. During this session, we asked for other suggested criteria from the attendees in order to declare a final winner. The list of suggested criteria included:
- Inline Image Handling
- Teaser Breaks
- Insert <HR> tags
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Treatment of tabs in content
- Special character handling
- Insert comments into source code
Though the editors offer similar, robust feature sets and can get the job done, TinyMCE wins by a narrow margin when evaluated against the overall list of criteria.
Who is the presentation for?
- Content Editors looking to publish Rich Text elements within their Drupal site.
- Site Builders attempting to select a WYSIWYG editor.
- Frustrated Developers looking for common causes of WYSIWYG problems in Drupal.