Purpose of Session:
Developing a “health check” for your Drupal website.
An introduction to capacity planning, and performance tuning. Covers how to get the most out of the build in Drupal optimization functionality through performance modules, optimizing PHP, tuning your lamp stack, caching and database tuning, and providing incremental steps towards scalability.
We will learn about the different areas where Drupal can be affected by performance bottlenecks, both within Drupal and in the environment it runs on. You will walk away with a solid understanding of how to investigate and troubleshoot problems and get the best possible performance out of your architecture. This video covers:
- Introduction to capacity planning
- Pressflow and Varnish
- Identifying Bottlenecks
- Optimizing your code / design / server / database / network
- Cloud deployment vs Dedicated servers
- What’s new in Drupal 7
- Tips and Tricks
- Where next
Who is the presentation for?
- Mid level deployments ranging from web and db on the same server to clusters in the cloud.
- Developer and site owners looking to develop best practices for performance.
- Anyone interested in fine tuning their website for optimal performance.