Purpose of Session:
Get developers up to speed by exploring the power of combining context, panels, content types and views into reusable features that can assist in rapid development of Drupal sites and also deployment, maintenance and even collaboration.
Discusses the features module to build out reusable site functionality. Addresses features, context, spaces, creating features, creating a feature server, and applying it to Drupal distribution with drush make for rapid Drupal development. Topics covered:
- Packaging views, panels, content types, context into a reusable feature
- Adding hooks to your feature module
- Feature deployment, reverting and updating features
- Using drush to update features quickly from the command line
- Intro to context and why it should replace admin/build/block
- Write a drush make file to create your own distribution for internal use or sharing!
- Set up a feature server!
- Override your node detail page or user home page using panels!
Who is the presentation for?
Anyone who wants to create reusable feature sets to be deployed quickly on other websites.