Purpose of Session:
This discussion is centered on building a successful Drupal agency. Ron Huber of Achieve Internet is moderator, along with panelists who are agency owners such as Ben Finklea of Volacci and Dave Terry of Mediacurrent, plus other well respected and experienced Drupal agency executives.
Covers critical subject matter topics in areas like sales, recruiting, accounting, human resources, and how to effectively market your services. Addresses questions:
- How much operating capital will I need and where do I get it in this economy?
- Does a partial or all telecommute arrangement work? What are the best practices?
- How do I find (and keep) customers without going through competitive bidding?
- Where and how do I recruit good people?
- What are the best practices for contracting for work?
- How can I find out what I should charge for my services?
- How do I effectively balance community and billable time?
- Should I combine forces with other firms and how can I pick good partners?
Who is the presentation for?
- Sole practitioners providing Drupal services who might like to one day run your own firm
- Partners at an existing multi-developer firm looking for fresh ideas and suggestions
- Business owners interesting in networking with other owners who have a like-minded interest in building a practice around Drupal