The Drupal Community
How to Get Involved
Community, culture, and the desire to improve. That’s what fuels us at Mediacurrent. We strongly believe in the Drupal community and its open-source principles, which is why we set aside time every week to contribute code, maintain modules, and add to our repository of free Drupal resources. We also organize, participate, and sponsor Drupal events locally and across the nation. In the past year we've dedicated 900+ hours to more than 90 contrib projects.
Why Should Companies Contribute to Drupal?
There has been unquestionable growth when it comes to Drupal adoption. The paradigm has shifted from executives asking, “Why should we consider Drupal?” to “Why would we want to look at a proprietary, licensed based option and pay seven-figures in just licensing fees alone for ‘closed code’?”
Recent Staff Presentations
- Creating a Culture of Giving Back to Drupal (DrupalCon 2020)
- MagMutual.com: On the JAMStack with Gatsby and Drupal 8 (DrupalCon 2020)
- Paragraphs vs Layout Builder (DrupalCon 2020)
- Managing Images in Large Scale Sites (DrupalCon 2020)
- Tips for Acing Your Acquia Drupal 8 Certification Exam
- Extending Drupal With a Flutter Native Mobile App Experience
- Open Source and More with Drupal Association’s Heather Rocker
- Drupal 9, Mediacurrent, and You