NASCAR Home Tracks returned for its fourth season on Drupal with an updated site, launched by Mediacurrent in time for this week's K&N Pro Series West season-opener at Phoenix International Raceway.
Mediacurrent helped introduce NASCAR and Turner Sports to Drupal in 2008 with the launch of the touring series web site, and has continued to build new features into the successful platform each season.
Updates for 2011 include:
- Updated template with new banner headers and navigation menus
- Custom Drupal admin tools to update the sitewide page background image within the theme
- Rotating featured content area built with nodequeue, imagecache and views slideshow
- Quicktabs module integration to provide easy access on the home page for coverage of seven racing series
- Twitter Pull module for latest tweets from series, tracks and drivers
- Cover it Live integrated into a CCK field to provide live blogging during races
Background Theme ToolMediacurrent was able to deliver many of the new features for the NASCAR site on a short turnaround thanks to flexible, ready-made solutions previously built for our other clients. For example, the background image management tool and homepage rotator features were originally developed for the NFL’s Miami Dolphins. With a few theme-layer adjustments, the code and features were easily extended to meet NASCAR's requirements.
Rapid site upgrades and enhancements like these exemplify the flexibility of Drupal. We continue to hear from enterprise-level organizations who find impromptu feature requests nearly impossible to solve with proprietary based solutions. They feel limited in their options. At Mediacurrent, we are excited to witness the positive results NASCAR has seen, and would encourage other organizations with similar needs to explore the advantages of Drupal.