1. So Robyn, what's your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
Director of Made Up Job Titles, with a side gig of Senior Developer and Themer when not busy making up new job titles.
2. We're so glad to have you! Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I was a reporter during the late 90s.com boom who was curious as to how the whole wide web thing worked, so I built some Geocities sites and CGI scripts in my spare time. A lack of knowledge in the newsroom on how to publish our articles to the web landed that job responsibility on me and it was all downhill from there.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Newspaper publishing around 2004 or 2005 when I realized flat-file .html nightly exporting for site updates was probably not going to be the wave of the future. My company was looking into open source CMS solutions so we started building things in Drupal.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
Does Drush count? No? OK, well then maybe Features or Services - I like to always have a JSON/REST option for content sharing across multiple environments and devices.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
My toddler is really into Apple Farmer Annie. It's quite amazing, but sadly I don't get to read anything of my own choice lately so no recommendations.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
I have this killer Wolfram|Alpha Computational String Theory app that I love to, oh just kidding. Angry Birds all day long.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I have spare time I enjoy kayak fishing, brewing my own beer, long walks on the nonexistent Arkansas beaches and filling out questionnaires.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
Questionnaires. But seriously, it's the people. I've always believed that if you're the smartest person in the room it's time to find a new room. And we have a really big room here at Mediacurrent filled with really smart people.