1. So Rob, what's your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
Project Manager. I manage Drupal projects and support contracts by coordinating Mediacurrent resources and client needs. I keep track of budgets, timelines, and deliverables and facilitate communication between our clients and developers.
2. We're so glad to have you! Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
In 2003, I started working at a church, and the pastor asked me to keep the website updated. That’s where I began my study of web design and discovered my inner computer geek. :)
In December 2006, I started a web design business as a side business to earn some extra income. In June 2008, I began pursuing web design full-time. Over the next three years, I developed over 40 websites with clients such as a BBQ contest promoter, a local coffee shop, some churches, and various non-profit organizations.
From 2011 to 2013, I worked for a large agency in Little Rock as an interactive sales consultant. Missing the hands on aspect I once had when running my own shop, I jumped at the opportunity to become a project manager at Mediacurrent.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I was responsible for selling and spec’ing Drupal projects at my previous job.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
(not really) :)
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
My library has a mix of business, tech, home finance, and spiritual growth. One of the most impactful books I’ve read is Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover, which provides a practical guide to managing money. I also really enjoyed Remote: Office Not Required by Jason Fried and David Hansson.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Music: Amazon Cloud Player
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love spending time in the Arkansas outdoors with my wife and 4 year old son. According to my Instagram feed, I also like playing guitar, campfires, grilling, installing Ubuntu on old computers, craft beer, pancakes and cheeseburgers.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
Mediacurrent’s culture is incredible. The sense of team and community that our staff has is amazing. For a workforce that is spread across 14 states, that is no short order. The management team has worked intentionally to foster this team culture. They provide quick positive feedback publically, and a result of that is everyone feels cared for and appreciated.