1. So Peter, what's your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I am a "Drupal Developer", so I take care of site builds, writing custom modules, consulting on how to accomplish clients' goals, and a bit of theming here and there.
2. We're so glad to have you! Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I got started with computer programming when I was in high school, then was exposed to Web development right after. With the exception of a few side-quests, this is what I've been doing ever since.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I took a position with an "Interactive Agency" in 2009 which was transitioning towards using Drupal for most of its projects, so I had to dive in and learn what was what.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
Not really, though I do consider Entity API module pretty much core in all but name. Maybe Google Analytics.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
I don't know what it's like lately because I haven't read the newer editions, but when I was starting out Pro Drupal Development was a great resource. It covers lots of the "under the hood" workings of things, which I appreciate.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Probably my most frequently used app is Navigation; other than that, I honestly find the whole "mobile experience" to be pretty bad compared to using a real PC, so I just do that. With the death of Google Reader, I've switched over to Digg Reader. It's almost as good.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Video. Games. Almost entirely. I seem to be on some sort of mission to play almost everything that gets made (except sports games and sims) or at least pay attention to coverage for it.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
Getting to work with a bunch of really talented people coupled with the freedom to move around freely because we work remote.