1. So David, what's your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
As a Drupal Developer, I develop features for new and existing sites, manage deployments, participate in code reviews with team members, and perform client trainings.
I also work with other developers to contribute to new and existing Drupal modules, and give knowledge shares on new technology or sharing things learned at a recent conference.
2. We're so glad to have you! Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I’ve done development for several companies in the Orlando, Florida area, in a number of languages and frameworks but the past several years it’s been mostly Drupal sites.
I’m always looking for ways to learn and grow, so when I got the chance to work with the people who’d been leading the sessions at local Drupal camps for the past few years, I jumped at the opportunity!
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
The first Drupal sites I worked on were for Florida Hospital which at the time were running Drupal 6. Over time I got the chance to upgrade many of these to Drupal 7, and develop new client sites as well.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
I always make a habit of using Features and other related modules on D7 sites. However, I wish there were more chances to use the Nyan cat progress bar: https://drupal.org/project/nyan
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
I recently got a Fitbit for Christmas, and I’ve been loving the stats the app shows you.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Work on my arcade games. I typically pick them up in non-working condition and fix them up. I currently have 6 of them and keeping them running is definitely a labor of love.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
It’s great that Mediacurrent encourages us to keep up on the latest technology and sends us to conferences. I really love the way everyone works as a team and learns from each other, and I love sharing knowledge in my areas of expertise too.
And of course, I also love getting to work from home!