1. Hi Carie! What's your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I’m a front-end developer, so I work with clients to bring their design mock-ups to life. Along with a team of other developers, I help provide a polished look and feel to a site.
2. We're so glad to have you! Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I started my professional career as a Drosophila (fruit fly) scientist, but found I was more interested in creating the conference posters and editing the laboratory websites so I went to graduate school for Communications. There I learned how to hand-code HTML, which surprisingly still comes in handy even today.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
After graduate school, I worked for an organization called CIRTL that used Drupal. For my first project, I helped merge two Drupal 5 sites into one new Drupal 6 site with a completely new theme…talk about being thrown into the deep end. It was a learning experience, but very rewarding. I’ve been working with Drupal exclusively since.
4. What’s your proudest moment at Mediacurrent so far?
I am proud that I was able to help theme the first enterprise level Drupal 8 site for Manhattan Associates.
5. What aspect of your role do you enjoy most?
I love the challenge of turning a static mock-up into a responsive, live site that is both beautiful and functional.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Various news apps, The Weather Channel, Twitter, Fitbit, Slack, Sudoku
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I really like to keep busy with projects, so when I’m not working at the office, I’m helping family and friends with their websites or working on house/landscaping projects or traveling.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
There is a lot to like - interesting projects, wonderful clients, and co-workers that constantly encourage and help each other out.