Today, I am ecstatic to announce the launch of our new, Drupal 7 Mediacurrent.com site. It has been a long time coming, and I am incredibly proud of the team for building a website that reflects our strengths and new direction.
Buyer Personas Influenced our Strategy
To start the process, we reviewed our buyer personas. Frankly, some of our messaging and positioning had become outdated. Once we updated our personas, we built our content strategy, wireframes, and visual design around the needs of our target audience.
Primary Goals of the Redesign
As a digital agency focused on Drupal, it was important that we set a high bar for our own site from a technical perspective. After all, this is a prime opportunity to showcase various features in Drupal as well as the talents of our team. We did our best to treat this engagement in the same manner we tackle project work. Our goals included:
- Creating an intuitive, user-friendly site that allowed for seamless content administration.
- Building a responsive, mobile optimized website that functioned beautifully across every touch point, regardless of screen size.
- Evolving our visual identity to reflect our new positioning.
- Highlighting the unique skills and background of each individual on our team.
- Showcasing more case studies that highlighted our portfolio and what problems we have helped previous customers solve. This includes video interviews with actual clients that discuss a range of topics (from why they chose Drupal to what kind of features were important to them).
- Populating the site with fresh, relevant content that we have generated over the years. It was important for us to do a full migration and not orphan any archived data. We created an entire resource library that allows people to search our content by topic or medium.
- Designing significantly more custom graphics to ensure every section of the site had a visual design that was unique to Mediacurrent.
Marketing Automation Integration
The site also takes advantage of marketing automation and exemplifies some of our thought leadership in this area. We maintain almost every major marketing automation contributory module on drupal.org and for our site, we heavily leverage Pardot, our Atlanta-based Partner. Adam Waid, our Marketing Director said:
“The new Mediacurrent website gives our content marketing more visibility through our resource library. One of my initiatives for the Marketing department is to clearly inform the executive team of our progress, and whether we are on track to meet our traffic and lead goals with the appropriate data, numbers, and graphs. Integrating Pardot into our website has been key to showing actual numbers and speaking to the logic behind our inbound strategy.”
At Mediacurrent, we have been growing and pivoting in a few directions. Our new website is reflective of these changes. For example, we have been expanding our digital strategy division, and placed a higher emphasis on our culture and employee engagement. We want prospective customers and team members to really know who we are and what we do when they visit our website.
Enjoy the new Mediacurrent.com site, and I welcome your feedback!