This episode we welcome Shellie Hutchens, Mediacurrent’s Marketing Director, to talk about upcoming webinars and and the fact that Mediacurrent is hiring. Ryan picked Stage File Proxy as the Module of the Now. We discuss our first non-drupal article from Four Kitchens about Saucier (pronunciation TBD). Mark stumbles through some D8 News and of course we finish off with some great conversation during Ryan’s Final Bell.
- Feed available at: http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/podcasts/dropcast/feed
- Subscribe in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Email your questions to: email@example.com
Mediacurrent Blog Mentions:
Part 1: Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3: Tips and Tricks To Start User Testing by Beth Davenport - Senior Digital Strategist - her very first post.
A roadmap to usability testing. Very important for client feedback. You want it often and early. Once a website is ready, it is important to do usability testing with the stakeholders so you can get feedback in order to make any adjustments before delivery of the product. Some of the key elements for success:
- Schedule the testing session and do not make it to long.
- Make sure you have the right testers.
- Have scenarios and scripts for them to execute.
- Record the testing session.
- Document any issues found.
- 17 Tips for Leading Effective Conference Callsby Rob McBryde - Project Manager
Good blog on having efficient and productive conference calls. Rob sent out a survey to the Mediacurrent team about what they would like to see done better in conference calls. Here are some of tips they came up with:
- Join the call at least a minute or two before the scheduled meeting time.
- Don’t start unless the key people are there so you don’t have to repeat things
- Address someone by name if you want them to respond
- When not speaking, attendees should mute their phone/mic
- Provide a meeting recap at the end of the call
Special Guest: Shellie Hutchens
- Upcoming Webinars
- Upcoming Camps / Cons
- MC’s Culture of Content
- We’re Hiring (make sure you tell ‘em we sent ya)
- Jeff from Innoppl sent us an article about assembling a Drupal 8 Development Team. PS: He addressed it to someone named Robyn.. Do we have one of those on our podcast?
Module of the Now:
- Introducing Saucier
This week in Drupal 8:
- Recording from July 17th 2015 Drupal 8 critical issues discussion (A bunch of rock stars)
- Making reactive Headless Drupal 8 interfaces with Meteor (Patrick Coffey @4kittens Kitchens)
- How to Build Multi-step Forms in Drupal 8 (Daniel Sipos at Sitepoint)
The Final Bell:
- What’s new on Drupal.org? - June 2015
- community metrics
- performance updates
- contributions to issues within the past three months appear on organization and individual profiles
- Plan tag added to issue queue
- Secure your account: Two Factor authentication on Drupal.org