This episode we have Mario Hernandez, front end developer at Mediacurrent, to talk about his upcoming talks at DrupalCamp LA, and how to properly plan for giving a presentation. We talk about the smart_trim module in our Pro Project Pick, which is an awesome module. We talk about Drupal 8 news and as always, birthday boy Ryan, brings it home with the Final Bell. Also, Mark starts his run for President of these United States.
Feed available at: http://www.mediacurrent.com/blog/podcasts/dropcast/feed
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most if not all of our articles come from TheWeeklyDrop, the best Drupal news and links delivered to your inbox every week, which we turn around and steal.
Mediacurrent Blog Mentions:
- The best (and worst) question in a Drupal sales presentation by Josh Linard VP of Sales
- Best and worst question on a sales presentation is “Why should we hire your company instead of the other organizations we're evaluating?"
- Lets Mediacurrent showcase their strengths - Our people , Our work, & Our culture
- Always be prepared to answer that question for anyone in the organization
- Why you should speak at Tech Conferences by Mario Hernandez - Sr Front End Developer
- Share your knowledge with the tech community
- Learn to speak in public
- Network and meet a lot of good folks
- Lots of good tips - Where to speak, What topics to present, Preparation time
Guest: Mario Hernandez
- Sr. Front-end developer living in Los Angeles and regular speaker at various local camps
- Recently spoke at DrupalCon LA about Flexbox
- We’ll be speaking at the upcoming Drupal Camp Los Angeles (August 29-30) about Responsive Design with flexbox and also creating a custom D8 theme
- Passionate about clean and semantic markup. See our blog for articles on this
- What The Flexbox?
- Mario is a volunteer instructor and mentor for Teens Exploring Technology
- Daniel from Dartmouth says we embarrassed him, so lets do that again
- Jim Birch says thanks for talking about his article
Pro Project Pick:
This week in Drupal 8:
The Final Bell:
- By Chen Hui Jing
By Mark Dorison
- By Francesco Placella (Pronounced “Plo-chella”)
- A look at multilingual content in Drupal