If you know us at Mediacurrent, you know we create amazing digital experiences with Drupal. Did you know we also support WordPress websites?
Since 2007, Mediacurrent has been the open source expansion partner for enterprises and global brands. As certified experts, we have a reputation for providing best-in-class digital solutions and growing long-term, strategic partnerships for clients like Weather.com, MagMutual, and Emory University.
With thousands of implementations and thought leadership resources completed, we have been continuously looking for ways to add more value to our customers. We've seen a rising need in our Drupal community through hours of partnerships, and that need is more WordPress support.
WordPress in the enterprise has risen 16%, driven largely by the rise of multiple CMS use.
- Source: The Rise of Multi-CMS in the Enterprise
Why the Expansion?
For over a decade, we have been helping customers migrate from WordPress to Drupal, and we've proven ourselves a trustworthy partner in the migration process. As we've grown, we’ve expanded our Drupal expertise into deep open source strategies—partnering with clients on a long-term basis to solve their technology challenges.
Many enterprise organizations that have standardized on Drupal will still have some non-Drupal sites in their ecosystem. That's where Mediacurrent comes in as a single-source digital partner.
What We've Done So Far
Currently, Mediacurrent is assisting large-scale enterprises with their WordPress sites. What started as Drupal legacy clients have turned into an opportunity to better serve our customers. Our open source software clients came to us with similar pain points, and thanks to our long-term partnership, we were able to provide crucial benefits that provided a valuable impact on their return of investment, including but not limited to:
- Engaging UX - Our recent WordPress customers faced the challenge of creating an engaging user experience. Mediacurrent planned for a full redesign of the website's look and feel, providing branding, design, and value proposition workshops and including considerations for persona needs and critical business objectives.
- Data-driven Strategy - These organizations needed to maximize the return on their digital investment. Mediacurrent is continuing to incorporate best practices for content, page layout, navigation, lead generation, and search engine optimization.
- Open Source Training - Designs were implemented using the Elementor page builder plugin for WordPress. Mediacurrent’s training team provided specialized instruction on Elementor page design to create page layouts and components.
- Post-Launch Support - Monthly support agreements help to optimize for performance and security, providing immediate value to our legacy customers. Security updates to WordPress and plugins can (and do) come at any moment. You must have a dedicated support team closely monitoring and upgrading the code regularly.
Where We're Going
Moving forward, we will expand our support for open source clients who maintain Drupal and WordPress websites within their organizations. If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that Mediacurrent needs to pivot with our customers' needs and continue to provide the best solutions possible.
As your digital partner, Mediacurrent will evaluate your web properties by assessing several core functionalities including;
- Security - Making sure your WordPress site stays updated and secure.
- Responsive Design and Development - Mobile-first designs backed by data and user research.
- Search Engine Optimization - We consider three factors when it comes to perfecting your on-page optimization: Page load times, Schema.org implementation, and CDN.
- Content Authoring Experience - A seamless publishing workflow is the key to empower content creators. Tools like Elementor let teams create and design new page layouts on the fly using a drag and drop interface. We've found this very similar to Drupal's Layout Builder, but more advanced and easier to use.
We see organizations growing, and the need to evolve our services to support others who have more than one CMS to manage.
49% of enterprises are planning to expand to additional CMSs in the future.
- Source: The Rise of Multi-CMS in the Enterprise
How We Can Help
Mediacurrent is excited to continue to expand our unique value proposition to organizations that aren’t standardized on a single platform and require peace of mind in terms of quality, security, and consistency. We have a reputation as a valued partner that is driven by growth strategy, risk mitigation, solving complex business problems, and producing real, bottom-line value with our solutions.
If you’re already running on Drupal and need help managing additional WordPress sites, or just have a lot of questions about migration, security, or future support, please reach out to the Mediacurrent team. We are available to discuss your websites' future, how we can help you efficiently manage your existing platforms, and provide a strategic roadmap that will keep your multi-CMS organization on the path to success