Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Wendy Stocker who is part of the Development team! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I am a Senior Drupal Developer and Lead.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
It was very unconventional, but I started out in the arts during college and ended up really likely coding by the time I got out of school, and I am mostly self-taught.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
It was out of sheer coincidence that the agency I was working at had a project that was assigned to me which was built with Drupal 6. During that time there were many content management systems and frameworks that were still gaining traction, so it was very common to work with different platforms and even languages.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
Antibot + Honeypot for your spam control needs.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
My favorite book is the Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury. I’ve read it several times.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
My son’s daycare app. Very exciting, I know!
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love supporting local artists as well as making my own projects.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
I enjoy being able to have a meaningful impact on the company and my work without having to cut through a lot of red tape. Also, a very family friendly place to work.