Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Tara Arnold who is a Marketing Content Strategist that has been with Mediacurrent for almost 3 years! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I’m a Content Strategist in Mediacurrent’s Marketing department. My job is awesome because I get to work with agency partners and departments across Mediacurrent to share our brand's story.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I cut my marketing teeth in education technology at a small publishing company that produces media platforms and live events for K-12 and Higher Ed. There, my digital marketing skill set grew as the company expanded — I worked on everything from email and advertising to PR and event production. Prior to Mediacurrent, I was a Marketing Manager for an online bookstore start up. In that role, I led content strategy and helped to implement a new marketing automation system.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Colleges were relatively early to adopt open source so I was introduced to Drupal early in my career. My first brush with Drupal was in 2011, when I was trained as a content editor to support my former company’s websites re platforming from a homegrown CMS to Drupal 7.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
Why take my word for it when you can read VP of Technical Operations Jay Callicott’s 2018 list of top Drupal 8 modules?
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
I recommend The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan for some journalistic backup when the conversation turns to all those food/nutrition documentaries taking over Netflix.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Waze, Spotify, UberEats, and Words with Friends.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
You’ll have to ask me again in a few months — spare time is a forgotten luxury with a newborn baby in the house!
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
Mediacurrent’s employee-focused culture is one of a kind. It’s exciting to be in a position to support opportunities for major clients across many industries.