Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Rebekah Schnaubelt who is part of the Marketing team! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I’m a part of the marketing team and do a little bit of everything from public-facing communication to event planning and marketing research and development. I also occasionally assist with project work and internal culture-related communications.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I got hired shortly after I graduated from college with a degree in marketing, although I had some experience already from my time working for a local chamber of commerce.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Mediacurrent was my first introduction to Drupal!
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
As a non-developer and content creator, as far as I’m concerned the Admin Toolbar is a must-have on any site where there will be content added regularly.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
I’m not a big reader, but I’m a huge fan of ‘Philosophize This!’, a podcast by Stephen West that breaks down philosophical questions and studies.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
I like simple mobile games, but hands down the best app on my phone is Star Walk 2.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love playing video games and going on hikes, and when it’s not Covid my wife and I enjoy doing board game parties with friends and family.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
The people and mentorship within the team. Not only is everyone incredibly welcoming and supportive, but there is an atmosphere of sharing and exploration around learning.