Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great results. Today, we interviewed Mark Bellaire from our development team. Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
As a developer who primarily works on the business logic portion of the sites we work on, it is my responsibility to implement solutions that reflect the goals and architecture of each business, including Mediacurrent’s internal business needs.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
My career path began as an internship in the print industry and the web needs that industry has. Those needs were mostly commerce related and data processing and were broadly accomplished by utilizing Drupal to communicate products available and a path to order those products.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Mostly it was the relationships around me and my first internship I accepted that brought me to developing web applications using Drupal.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
This is not a module, but I will always directly or indirectly incorporate the work done in the Guardr distro to secure all the sites that I work on.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
Not a development book, but one of personal responsibility and personal development; “The 7 Habits” by Stephen Covey. It describes habits and ways of thinking that I believe everyone could benefit from in whatever you put your mind to.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Dark Sky, Reeder, Fantastical, and OmniFocus have always been daily driver applications for me and I do not see that changing anytime soon.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
My spare time is mostly spent with my wonderful wife and 9-month-old son, but when I am not spending quality time with them I am playing games like Factorio and Warzone, honing my disc golf skills with my brother and dad, and doing work around the house.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
We all have a lot of experience in one place. That benefits all of us in major ways. Any big or small question you have usually has an expert in that field or someone willing to walk through the problem with you.