Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great results. Today, we interviewed Grayson Hicks from our development team. Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I spent my first five years out of college in the finance world, after always having an interest in building websites in my spare time. Eventually, I took a leap on coding full time and completed The Iron Yard bootcamp in Greenville, SC. From there, I worked at an educational technology company before landing at Mediacurrent.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Mediacurrent was my first intro to Drupal. Before that, I had used some smaller CMSs, or even hand wrote them.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
Being a React expert working on headless Drupal sites, I find myself interacting with JSONAPI a lot!
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
There is a great book about one of the golden ages of technology development called Turing’s Cathedral that follows the group of scientists developing the first computers at Princeton’s IAS.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Really just Twitter and Instagram.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I live in the mountains of NC, so lots of hiking, fishing, and planting as many fruits and vegetables as possible.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
I love the positive, hard-working nature of the people here. When a challenge comes up, it really is a ‘how can we work together to learn and accomplish this’ attitude. Not to mention the friendly, person-first environment.