Hi Dan! Thanks for letting us get to know more about you! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
Graduated in 2007 with English degree, didn’t want to be teacher or lawyer. Also there were no jobs because of the recession. Worked at a liquor store through a temp agency and wrote music for a year, then went back to school for human-computer interaction degree, where I learned Drupal/wordpress. Then started working at a Drupal agency in 2010 (With ex-mediacurrent Kendall Totten incidentally) and have been doing the agency thing ever since.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I actually took a Drupal class in grad school at University of Michigan (shout out to Michael Hess/mlhess).
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
At the moment I’m enjoying the Hyperion saga from the late 80s, a sci-fi series that Mike Fuerstnau recommended to me here at Mediacurrent. My favorite sci-fi book is probably Solaris by Stanislaw Lem or Neuromancer by William Gibson. Or maybe Dune (Frank herbert) or The Dispossessed (Ursula leguin). Hard to say.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
I like the mobile version of the board game Carcassone, as well as the flashlight app.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Legos, guitar playing and songwriting, video games, basketball, Dungeons and Dragons and other board games.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
I like that we’re practical about doing what it takes to deliver projects, and that we hire people that work well together.