Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Senior Drupal Developer, Chris Runo who has been with Mediacurrent for 2 and a half years! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I'm a Senior Drupal developer here at Mediacurrent.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
Right after graduating college I started working at a digital agency in New York where my main focus was Drupal sites. After I left that position there was a brief period where I wasn't developing with Drupal at all, but then Edward Chan recommended I apply here at Mediacurrent and have been using it again since.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I got started with Drupal back in college when a professor had us use it in an Advanced Web Applications class. During my time taking that class, he had me and another student create a website where Mechanical Engineering students could showcase their designs. Once the class was over I continued to use Drupal to do some freelancing work with a friend.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
If I have a good excuse to use Config Actions I will. I discovered it at Drupalcon Nashville earlier this year and have written about it on the Mediacurrent blog.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
The Disaster Artist - But before reading you have to watch The Room.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Plex, Google Music, Audible, Resilio Sync, and Relay for Reddit
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Outside of work I spend time playing games on my PC, fawning over cars, looking into mods I want to do my own car, and research on investing.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
I love working with all of the talented people here and the flexibility working remotely gives me.