Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Brian Manning who has been a Project Manager with Mediacurrent for over 6 years. Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
I am a Project Manager for Mediacurrent working with many different clients in different industries. I also have taken over internally as Mediacurrent’s Information Technology Lead and help with the IT needs.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I have a 20 + years background in Information Technology, and In my career I have specialized in Infrastructure, Security, and Directed IT departments. A natural part of that role has always been managing projects, and seeing them through from start to finish with both internal and external teams, so when an opportunity became available for me to join the Mediacurrent team as a Project Manager I felt it was a natural fit to use my skills in project management in a new way.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Having been a WordPress developer previously, I was familiar with Drupal, and had worked with it some, but wasn’t as familiar with it as I was with WordPress. Once I joined the Mediacurrent family, I quickly became involved in the Drupal community, and learned just how expansive and awesome the power of Drupal is!
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
Great Game of Business
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Oh man, I live my life on mobile it seems. I have so many, where do I begin?!
- JIRA and Confluence are great to keep connected and make changes on the go
- Google’s mobile apps are good for reviewing things
- Zoom Mobile is a must have if you utilize zoom! It’s great!
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Mobile
- Logmein and TeamView
- Arrive - I love this app! Helps to track packages easily
- Google Home
- Disney World App
- TikTok - yes yes... I know, but it keeps me laughing.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to travel and go new places. Anyone that knows me knows I will pick up at the drop of a hat and drive 8hrs for a weekend away. It’s one of the reasons I love remote life so much! Besides traveling, I love hiking, fishing, and being at the beach! When I'm not having fun doing those things, I like to be creative and work on some sort of project, whether it be some type of wood working, or remodeling something.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
The family! I use that word specifically because the people here are family. Never before in my career have I worked with people that are such close people in my life. Yes there are the rough days, and there are the days that are just like WHAT!? WHY?! But the people and the culture we support is what sets us apart and makes it more than just work. There are lots of great things about Mediacurrent, and so much I’m thankful for, but the family is what I love most.