Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great work. Today, we interviewed Andrew Messenger who is a Senior QA Analyst that has been with Mediacurrent for over 2 years! Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
As Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, I work to ensure that everything we create is of the absolute highest quality. I have a passion for automation and want to show everyone how amazing and beneficial automation can be.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
I got my first taste of Quality Assurance while working at Emergency-One, a fire truck manufacturing company. After doing this job for a few years I decided to go back to school and I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Game and Simulation Programming. I then moved from QA testing the manufacturing of fire trucks to QA testing the development of video games. Shortly after I made the transition to QA testing for a web development company in my home town. Chris Manning recommended applying at Mediacurrent, I’m so glad I did!
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I worked with .NET and WordPress for years but got my start with Drupal when I started with Mediacurrent.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
As someone working in QA, I don’t incorporate modules personally.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
I haven’t read the book yet, but one that sounds intriguing to me is The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
- Thingiverse - free repository of objects to 3d print
- AstroPrint - allows me to monitor my 3d printer from anywhere
- WhatsApp - allows me to send videos from Android to iOS without it being blurry, and also allows a FaceTime type call between Android and iOS devices
- Pinterest - I’m always on the lookout for a new project to work on and have fun
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy hanging out with my wife and kids and like any parent I enjoy spending time with my kids and especially enjoy seeing their faces when they learn something new. We also like to travel when possible. If I have ‘me time’ I’m into a lot of different things. I make video games, play video games, I love 3d modeling and 3d printing, I play tennis, I enjoy working out in the garage building things, flying FPV racing drones, and recently got into target archery. There are many other things I’m into, but this seems like a decent enough list for now.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
To be perfectly honest, I’m not exaggerating when I say “All the things!” I could really go on and on about what I like about Mediacurrent. When you break it down to the most important things, it’s all about the people. Everyone is incredibly passionate, talented, and personable. Even though we are distributed I feel closer to some people at Mediacurrent than I did at my previous jobs when I saw people face to face.