Each month, we spotlight one of our amazing team members who work hard to bring you great results. Today, we interviewed Ally DelGuidice-Bove from our digital strategy team. Let's get started!
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
My official title at Mediacurrent is a Digital Strategist. But what that really means is I’m a dot connector. I help to connect the dots between the overall organization goals, the data, and the user’s needs to determine how to create the best experiences through the web.
I work with all departments at Mediacurrent to ensure the business goals of our clients are met through digital solutions, and I develop actionable strategies for achieving the goals and report on the progress of each initiative.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
My time at Mediacurrent has been pretty unique! I was hired as a Marketing Coordinator and was working with the internal marketing team on the strategic decisions for our company and our site. I realized just how much I enjoyed that part of my role. I now partner with my clients to make those same strategic decisions. I’m very thankful that my entire day is filled with Digital Strategy now.
Before Mediacurrent, I worked at a consulting firm primarily focused on Marketing Automation for higher education clients.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
Mediacurrent was my first introduction to Drupal.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
The Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager modules are a go-to, but I also love the Metatag module as well.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
- Braving the Wilderness - really anything by Brene Brown!
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
Fiction reads recently:
- A Man Called Ove
- One Day in December
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Music apps, Pinterest, Duolingo, and one of my favorites - All Trails (this shows you all the hiking trails in your area!)
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I spend time with family & loved ones and I really enjoy getting outside. Whether that’s hiking, going to the mountains, or just exploring a new place. If I’m not outside you can find me reading a good book, watching a tv show or movie, or crafting of some kind!
Fun fact: I refinished my entire bedroom set of furniture last year and made a headboard too!
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
This answer is one that you’ll hear a lot, but the people. It’s refreshing to work with such smart, talented, and genuine humans.