We've now wrapped up the first Drupal Coworking Friday and it was a resounding success. We had an estimated 100 attendees worldwide across three countries and 10 cities. The good news is even more cities want to participate this month!
I'm writing this post as a quick update so the curious know how it went overall but ultimately I wanted to thank all of the attendees, hosts and sponsors. Without these three groups this event (well, the first of many events) would have never happened. A special thank you to the hosts and sponsors that took time out of their lives/busy days (as well as money) to make this a reality for the general Drupal public.
- Spain - Barcelona - Host: Ramon Vilar Gavaldà; Sponsor: Ymbra
- United Kingdom - Brighton - Host: Steve Purkiss; Sponsor: purkiss ltd.
- United States - California, Los Angeles - Christefano & Paul Chernick; Sponsor: Droplabs
- United States - Florida, Cocoa - Host: Ben Hosmer & Mike Anello
- United States - Florida, Orlando - Host: Andrew Riley & Don VanDemark; Sponsor: Mediacurrent
- United States - Florida, Tampa Bay - Host: Kendall Totten; Tampa Bay WaVE & Mediacurrent
- United States - Illinois, Chicago - Host: Anna Kalata
- United States - Louisiana, Baton Rouge - Host: Jeff Diecks & Brian Berlin; Sponsor: EHQ & Mediacurrent
- United States - North Carolina, Charlotte - Host: Brent Dunn; Sponsor: Classic Graphics & Mediacurrent
- United States - Texas, Dallas - Host: David Hahn & Tom McCracken; Sponsor: LevelTen
Check out http://groups.drupal.org/coworking to find the next Drupal Coworking Friday in your area (or start one up).