The second month of 2016 saw us shift to a new ticket management system, so our tracking is a little off for this month.
- Michelle Cox and I looked into the Share Selection module, triaged the issue queue a little bit and added a patch to make its requirements upon jQuery Update more clear.
- Nathan James worked on a patch to allow the user profile edit form to be customized using Panels so each field can be individually added to the form.
- I wrote a small module for redirecting visitors based upon their country.
Lots of great work was done during February as part of Mediacurrent’s commitment to give our staff time on-the-clock to scratch their own itches:
- David Younker continued working on his Instagram module.
- Jason Want built a CTools access plugin for Entity Translation.
- Kelly Dassing provided some UX review to a Metatag issue.
- Mark Casias continued some previous work on a patch for the Rules UI on Drupal 8, and got back to maintaining the jPlayer for D7.
- Matt Davis continued plotting to bring the Presentation Framework module to Drupal 8 (Decoupled Blocks).
- Michelle continued her quest to rid drupal.org of spam, released CrazyEgg 8.x-1.0-rc1, and also got some time to furthering her work on the D8 port of Author Pane.
- Nathan worked on the Language Groups module he wrote last year for D7.
- The release of Drupal 7.43 brought a bug to the Webform module for anonymous visitors uploading files. I spent some time writing tests to confirm the bug existed so we could then work out the cause and make sure it was properly fixed.
- Metatag had a new stable release for Drupal 7 (v7.x-1.13).
- After being stung by the bug / undocumented feature ;-) a few times, I uploaded a patch for a drupal.org issue that was preventing dev releases from showing on project page.
- I also worked on some patches for the Maillog and SMTP modules to make life easier working with them.
- I continued work on a patch for the CAS module to add some extra options that a client needed.
- With Drupal 6’s official support ending, I squeezed out one final release of Panels Everywhere (v6.x-1.2).
People looking for a break from the cold weather flocked to SandCamp in San Diego, and the Mediacurrent team were out in full force:
- Bob Kepford gave a presentation on making Drupal development easier via the command line.
- Carie Fisher, Mark and Mario Hernandez gave a presentation on making greymuzzle.org, a non-profit dog rescue site, accessible.
- Mark gave a presentation on contributing patches.
- Mario also gave a presentation on responsive images in Drupal 8.
- Matt discussed decoupling a site using Panels.
Time was also spent getting ready for Florida DrupalCamp, so expect more details next time, and Matt gave his ‘decoupling presentation at the San Francisco Drupal Users Group, which they happened to record.
Onward and upwards
While we’re still getting used to tracking our work with a new task management system, we’re continuing to get some great contributions out to the world. We’ll see you again next month!