It has been a while, but welcome back to the Mediacurrent Contrib Committee Review. Each month we’ll detail the many and varied contributions that our team made during this month, this time for October.
We recently put together some internal tools to see what our staff are contributing on drupal.org. Now it’s easier to see the great contributions that our team have made which have helped us retain a fifth position rank on the Drupal Marketplace, an achievement we're quite proud of.
- Chris Runo helped work out a tricky config problem in Config Actions.
- Chris also provided a patch for a bug in GoogleTagManager, in case anyone needed it for their Composer-based codebase workflow.
- Dan Polant worked to resolve a problem in the Lingotek Translation module when using Paragraphs.
- Jay Callicott helped test an ongoing fix for nested installation profiles.
- Josh Boltz helped debug a problem with JSON API and timezones.
- Melissa Bent provided a fix for Password Reset Landing Page where it was losing query strings between requests.
- Michelle Cox provide a patch for Openlayers to make the maps work when using HTTPS.
- Michelle also helped identify a bug in Page Manager that affects 404 pages.
- Peter Mallett helped test functionality for Entity Reference Revisions to support parallel translations.
- Rob Powell came up with a fix for a bug in Drupal core 8.6.x when upgrading from an earlier release.
- Ryan Gibson reviewed a fix for Views Data Export.
- Stephen Lucero created a fix for Domain Access to handle languages better.
- I made a number of improvements to the Media Reference Revisions module, including improved Paragraphs handling, and worked on Inline Entity Form support for the Content Lock module.
While not working on client projects, Mediacurrent gives us a bit of time each week to do our own thing.
- Mark Shropshire, Joe Stewart, Jay and myself worked on getting the Guardr distribution running with Drupal 8.6, fixed some dependency syntax, and ultimately Mark released a new alpha version for Drupal 8.
- Rob and Stephen worked on a Twig extension to check values for the Switches module, and Stephen continued to make major improvements to his new module.
- I’ve been heavily triaging the Date module for Drupal 7, which culminated in the release of 7.x-2.11-beta1.
Our lot love to put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard I guess. Either which way, they love to write, and this month was no different.
- Sheree Hill wrote about the human factors in UX and experiential design.
- I wrote about copying content from the Bear app on macOS to Google Docs.
- Rob explained how to fix a problem with DrupalVM when it fails to boot properly because of a networking error.
- Tara Arnold shared a webinar recording where Habitat for Humanity’s John Parish showed off the Drupal 8 site we built for them - that was a neat project!
- Tara also wrote about a site our design and strategy folks designed which won a W3 award.
- Justin Rent detailed a huge redesign project for a major insurance company, first detailing the strategic design and then the visual display.
- Chris took a break from contributing on drupal.org to document how to use the Config Actions system to make life easier for developers.
Contrib Half Hour recordings
The Contrib Half Hour meetings have been going well. Each week we focus on a different topic, and (when I remember to hit that “record” button.. *ahem*) the meetings are recorded for later review.
October 4th was our Issues Lab, we primarily looked at the Date module.
The October 11th meeting was quite a treat - we had some guest speakers join us! We had a brief look at different systems for managing local development environments - DDev, Docksal and Lando.
October 18th was our Q&A meeting, we looked at the latest security releases, the security team’s release policies, looked at what might be in the next stable release of Drupal 7, and looked at some more issues for the Date module.
October 25th was our Testing Lab, we looked at how to find issues that need tests written for them via the “Needs tests” issue tag, and looked at some issues for the Date module.
That’s all folks!
Hope everyone has had a great month, and a fun & festive Halloween. We’ll see you again next month.