With the winter out of the way it was time for the northern hemisphere to waken from its slumber, and maybe get a bit more snow dumped on its head.
- Jason Want worked on a problem with the GeoField module when using AJAX calls.
- Michelle Cox continued work on porting the Glossary module to Drupal 8, and worked on building a UI for the Redirect module in D8 to show on entity forms.
- I collaborated with the other ecosystem maintainers to get the Panels suite to work with Drupal 8.3's new layouts system.
- I also built an initial version of Mail Edit for Drupal 8.
- The accessibility team, lead by Carie Fisher, collaborated on a patch to improve error handling on form fields which are nested inside a container
- Mark Casias worked on the SmartTrim module.
- Mark Shropshire released alpha versions of Password Policy for Drupal 7 and 8, and pushed the Guardr distro along, working with a collaborator from Georgia Tech to split out the functionality so it could be added to an existing site.
- Michelle continued her solo mission to battle the spam (and incorrectly tagged ham) on drupal.org.
- I released Panelizer 8.x-4.0-beta1, the first release of Panelizer for Drupal 8.3, and Views 7.x-3.16-rc1 which included a ton of fixes.
- Anthony Fournier joined Mark Casias' Friday 5 series for a few thoughts on component driven development.
- Cheryl Little explained why a website project needs a UX designer.
- Clair Smith celebrated International Women's Day with a good reminder on why diversity is important and why technology should not be a "boys' club".
- Donna Bungard introduced us to personalization.
- Edward Chan showed how to use JSON Web Tokens to authenticate against REST resources, then how to use normalizers to modify JSON data, and how to load forms inside a modal dialog in D8.
- Zach Hawkins joined Mark's Friday 5 series for a video focused on Sass.
- I (finally) finished my blog post version of the presentation I gave at NEDCamp 2016, covering the architectural differences between Paragraphs, Entity Embed and Panelizer, which lead to some great comments from our readers.
- NERDSummit 2017 was held in Western Massachusetts. Anthony, Donna and I attended, and I gave an updated rendition of my “contrib first” presentation which included some new perspectives after from two years of leading Mediacurrent's Contrib Committee.
- April is when DrupalCon returns to the USA, this year taking over part of the Baltimore Convention Center for the week. Mediacurrent will have a strong presence, so stop by and say hello!
See you at DrupalCon
We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore!