It's a New Year and we're excited to get the year off to a good start.
- Dan Polant reported a problem with REST Resource config entities that was rather promptly fixed by some core maintainers.
- Derek Reese worked on a patch for Field Group to fix HTML5 validation and for Paragraphs to fix a problem with confusing error messages for certain scenarios.
- Mark Shropshire built a new module for redirecting visitors when the site is in maintenance mode called...Maintenance Mode Redirect.
- Melissa Bent built a module for integration with Salsify which she released to the public and worked on a patch to fix some problems with the Drupal 8 port of Conditional Fields.
- Michelle Cox worked on some problems getting the Lingotek module to work with file entities.
- I did some triage on the JSONAPI module and the Drupal 8 ports of Ultimate Cron and ECK.
- Anthony Fournier and Lee Nakamura tested out some issues with how Paragraphs and QuickEdit work together, or rather don't.
- Derek and Stephen Lucero continued working on contribifying work they both did on modules for managing exported and/or demo content.
- Mark Casias did some triage on the SmartTrim module and then began digging into the migrate system.
- Mark Shropshire had a patch for Stage File Proxy committed to remove its variables when the module is uninstalled, started looking into how to use FeatureJS to test it as a layer in a decoupled system for Drupal 8, and planned a local event for the 2017 Contrib Weekend.
- Michelle did some triage on the CrazyEgg module and released 8.x-1.0.
- I released the first stable version of Metatag for Drupal 8, another release of Metatag for Drupal 7, released the first alpha of Panels Everywhere for Drupal 8, and got more involved in the "SCOTCH" group and helped triage and plan some improvements on the Panels ecosystem for Drupal 8. I also uploaded a patch to fix a bug in the Realtime SEO module, and helped with general triage on the CTools and Panels modules for Drupal 7.
- The Dropcast crew interviewed Fabian Franz, a well respected Drupal core contributor.
- Michelle showed one interesting way of outputting a Views display using a field.
- Tim Dickens and Mark Casias provided some tips for preparing for the Acquia certification tests.
- Cheryl Little shared some ideas on how to make designers and developers work together better.
- Tara Arnold asked if it was time to retire the phrase "mobile first".
Both SandCamp and Florida DrupalCamp are/were in February this year, so much work went on during January in preparation. Several Mediacurrent folks were planning to both attend and present at these well known and highly regarded events. In March some of us will be attending Stanford DrupalCamp, NERDSummit and MidCamp, so we look forward to seeing you in person!
Until next time
The year has just begun, let's see where we can go!