As the year drew to a close we wrapped up with scarves and hats – no gloves, they make it harder to type – and huddled closer to the fire. Or maybe that was just those of us in more Northerly states. Many of us took some vacation time throughout the month, so it ended up being rather quiet around the Mediacurrent slack channels.
- April Sides worked on improving a patch for the Entity Clone module to fix problems with referenced entities.
- Mark Shropshire reviewed a patch Bayo made in November, did a similar patch for the Stage File Proxy module, and then started planning out improvements for the Email Change Confirmation module. Because project management is a contribution too!
- I briefly stuck my toes into the Panelizer port to D8 and released 8.x-3.0-alpha3 which contained a whole bunch of improvements written by the scotch team.
- I also worked on some fixes for the Multi-Facet Blocks module, rerolled a patch for SubPathauto, added a patch to remove the deprecated Page Title module from the DAF distribution, helped triage the CTools module and pushed some issues along further, did the same for the EVA module, and tested out the DRD module suite.
- Migrations where the theme of the month for our authors. Melissa Bent showed how to migrate data structures that use references, along with how to make small adjustments in the data, while Chris Runo dove into using a spreadsheet to migrate data.
- Matt Davis had an article published in php[architect] magazine about decoupled blocks in Drupal 8 was given a brief review.
- The Dropcast crew rounded us off with a nice look back at the year.
It was December, so our events were mostly limited to playing in the snow.
So long 2016!
And that rounds off our contrib activity for the year. It was an excellent year, full of conferences, blog posts, patches and code releases - contributions of all sorts! We look forward to a new year with a renewed interest in pushing our favorite open source tools further for social gain, and we hope you’ll join us! Until then, stay warm and contrib on, my friends!