The 2012 edition of the Atlanta Drupal Business Summit will bring together real-world professionals to learn about Drupal and open source software. We will share actual Atlanta use cases of Drupal implementations, lessons learned, and gain insight into best practices. We are blocking off plenty of time for networking and will have an amazing line-up of speakers, and a reception directly afterwards. We are leveraging the community driven DrupalSummit.com site.
Georgia boasts some of the most impressive recent adoptions of Drupal in the world, yes I said it, world. The metro-Atlanta area is home to Turner Broadcasting Systems, Inc. which has been gradually migrating their roster of sports web properties onto Drupal, including NBA.com. At the public sector, the State of Georgia is wrapping-up a highly successful migration of Drupal from a proprietary platform—by the way, they are saving about 5 million dollars a year in doing so. At the higher-ed sector, Drupal has exploded in Georgia—Georgia Tech utilizes Drupal on over 40 departmental sites, the University of Georgia, and Emory University are all leveraging Drupal.
Our presenters this year are phenomenal. They include:
- Josh Clark (keynote): Mobile web guru, author of 4 books, and sought after international speaker
- Nikhil Deshpande: Director of Georgia.gov
- Tim Bertrand: VP of Worldwide Sales at Acquia
- Brian Danin: Digital Media Group - Georgia Tech Institute Communications
- Adam Rosenkoetter: Chief Technical Officer of LifeAlly (note: I've seen the demo and you have to see this presentation - LifeAlly is creating a Drupal site that will revolutionize the health-care industry).
Finally, we need your help! This event is a tremendous opportunity to advance the Drupal movement. Our stats show that many attendees are referrals. Please help us spread the word by telling your boss, co-workers, interactive agencies, networking contacts and other user groups. Follow us on Twitter and use the hashtag #DrupalBizAtl—attendance is FREE, breakfast and lunch will be provided, so be sure to register as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you there!